Spring is here and so is delicious spring produce. This week we share a simple frittata recipe. A frittata is a great way to use seasonal vegetables like asparagus and peas and can be made ahead of time to have on hand for the week. It’s perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Give this recipe a try this month!
- 1 cup spiralized or finely diced sweet potatoes (the smaller they are, the faster they’ll cook)
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 cup chopped asparagus (tough stems removed)
- 1 cup green peas (fresh or frozen)
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta (or cheese of choice)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Black pepper to taste
- 7 eggs
- Add all the ingredients except the eggs to a large skillet.
- Sauté over medium heat for five minutes.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Pour the eggs evenly over the vegetables.
- Cover with a lid (or a large baking sheet) and let it cook for five to 10 minutes. Check occasionally to determine when the eggs are cooked to desired doneness on the top.
(Adapted from theleangreenbean.com)