Between indulgent holiday meals and scrumptious sweets galore, it can be challenging to keep holiday weight gain at bay. Even though this season can be a flurry of parties, shopping, family gatherings and commitments, you’re never too busy to exercise. If you only have time for a few reps of your favorite move, it’s better than nothing. Here are some ideas for fitting in physical activity if you’re in a pinch:
- Perform this seven-minute workout one or more times a day by doing the following exercises at a rigorous pace for 30 seconds and resting 10 seconds between movements: jumping jacks, wall sit, pushups, abdominal crunches, chair step-ups, squats, triceps dips, plank, high knees, lunges, pushups with rotation and side plank.
- Hold the plank position for a minute or two.
- Jump rope for 1,000 repetitions.
- Take a walk or run around the block.
- Do 25 pushups (using any modification necessary).
- Hold a wall sit or perform lunges and squats while talking on the phone.
- Do 50 glute bridges.
- Flow through a quick yoga sequence.
- Tackle 20 to 50 burpees.