Switch From Ice Cream to “Nice Cream”!
Cool down this summer with a healthier alternative to traditional ice cream. You won’t believe our vanilla and chocolate “nice cream” recipe is gluten, dairy and added sugar free. Plus, it only has four ingredients!
- 4 frozen, ripe bananas (freeze without the peel and sliced for easy blending)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cacao powder
- Blend frozen bananas, coconut milk and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Remove half the mixture from the blender. Set aside in a bowl. (This is the vanilla “nice cream.”)
- Add cacao powder to the remaining mixture in the blender and blend until combined.
- Layer the vanilla and chocolate “nice cream” in a jar or cup and decorate with your choice of toppings.
- Calories Per Serving: 253
- Total Fat: 11 g
- Natural Sugar: 7 g
- Sodium: 5 mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 2 g
Adapted from myfussyeater.com