Everyone can use a little more compassion in their life. That’s why we’re celebrating Random Acts of Kindness Week this February, and we hope you’ll join us! Here are a few ideas to get started:
- Tell someone why they matter.
- Give a heartfelt compliment.
- Ask how someone is doing and truly listen to their response.
- Buy a meal for someone who needs it.
- For one day, include a positive comment in every email (or text message) you write.
- Let someone go in front of you in line (maybe you’ll start a pay-it-forward chain).
- Buy a coffee for the person behind you in line or in the drive-thru.
- Leave a generous tip for your restaurant server.
- Surprise a local fire or police station with treats. (Bonus if they are healthy treats!)
- Volunteer at a nursing home.
- Visit a homeless shelter and pass out scarves or gloves to keep others warm.
- Secretly complete a task on someone’s to-do list.
- Tell someone three reasons why you’re grateful for them.
- Speak highly of someone when they’re not there.
- Remind someone why you believe in them.
For more ideas, visit randomactsofkindness.org.