This month we have a delicious vegetarian recipe for you. It’s low-cost, nutritious and easy to prepare. Did we mention it only takes 30 minutes to make? Give it a try and let us know what you think on social media! Find us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- 3 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 3 (14.5-ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (15-ounce) can low-sodium black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15-ounce) can low-sodium kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- Black pepper to taste
- In a large stock pot, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onion, peppers and garlic. Sauté until tender.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer for about 20 minutes.
(Adapted from greatist.com)